Since we had a small destination wedding we decided to have a big at home reception in our hometown about a month and a half after we got married.
Here is the wording we used for our at home reception invitations:
The parents of ____________ and ___________ proudly announce that their children were married on (date) in a private ceremony on the tropical shores of Hawaii.
Please join us in celebrating their joyful union with dinner and dancing (Date of AHR), 5:30 in the evening, (place), (town).
Once again I decided that I wanted to “save” money by making everything myself (and making my hubby help). Even though we saved a ton of money these took a ton of time to make. I used black 7 1/2 by 7 1/2 cardstock (Hobby Lobby), 6 1/2 by 6 1/2 aqua cardstock (Hobby Lobby), and 5 1/2 by 5 1/2 white cardstock with aqua writing.
Along the left side of the white cardstock on the invitation I dry embossed the invitations using a palm tree stencil and aqua stamping pad.
Instructions on dry embossing:
1. Line up stencil where you want it on the cardstock.
2. Tape the stencil on the front of the invitation where you want it to be
3. Turn the cardstock over onto a clear light table (I made a DIY light table by using a flashlight and a piece of glass from a picture frame I was not using at the time)
4. Using a dry embossing tool and the flashlight on use the dry embossing tool to emboss your stencil onto the invitation.
5. Turn invitation over and using a foam stamper use the color of the ink you want and lightly ink the embossed stencil
Following the same format as the at home reception invites we also dry embossed the RSVP cards as well.